Many people believe LED string lights can only be used during holidays. But who says that a simple string of lights can’t be used in multiple occasions? Why not for 4th of July! These fun and creative string lights are the perfect addition to your 4th of July decorations! While this project is easy, it is time consuming.
To make these 4th of July string lights you will need:
- Red, White, and Blue Yarn
- 5” Balloons
- Petroleum Jelly
- String Lights
How to make these 4th of July string lights:
- Start off by buying 5 inch balloons and inflate them so they have about a 4-inch diameter.
- Rub petroleum jelly around the inflated balloons to prevent the yarn from sticking to the balloons.
- Mix two parts glue and one part water together until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Wrap the yarn around your fingers a few times, and dip the yarn into the glue mixture. It is crucial that the yarn stays in a loop during this stage.
- Attach the yarn to the top of the balloon by tying a loose knot. Then, wind the yarn around the balloon, making a crisscrossed pattern.
- After, rub the surface with more of the glue mixture.
- Using clothes pins, clip the ends of the balloons to a clothing wire, and allow them to dry for at least 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, the balloons should have deflated. Pop the balloons, remove them, and insert the bulbs of your string lights, securing the globes with a piece of wire.
Show off your American pride with these awesome 4th of July string lights!