If you are in a business that is busy during the summer and tapers off in the winter or you’ve always had a flair for creating fabulous Christmas lights displays, you should consider the 5 steps below to starting a Christmas light business.
Five steps to starting a Christmas light business:
1. First and most importantly contact We Hang Christmas Lights. It is VERY important that you receive proper training before starting a Christmas light business. Unlike other businesses, you only have a 60 day window to make money. You can certainly MAKE A LOT OF MONEY in a short period of time but with that being said you also don’t have time to make mistakes and learn from them. In most businesses you can “fall on your face, pick yourself back up and move forward”. In this business it will cost you thousands of dollars if that happens. Let us show you the right way to do things and how to avoid COSTLY mistakes. Through over 19 years of trial and error, continuing education and ongoing research we have the knowledge necessary help you start, manage, and grow an extremely successful Christmas light business. Fill out the application below to get started and call us at 951-541-4482 with any questions.
2. Take advantage of your existing customer base. Start talking to your clients about Christmas lights and decorative lighting right away. You may already have clients who are happy with your services and will be elated to hear that you now install Christmas lights.
3. Install the lights on your own home. Your own home can become your best business card. Note the time it takes you and how close your preliminary measurements for length of lights required matches reality.
4. Have most of your orders lined up as early in the season as possible. All over the country, Christmas light importers and distributors start receiving their Christmas light products August.
5. Give your first few customers a discount if they’ll let you display a yard sign. Word of mouth and drive by advertising beats every other kind of marketing – ask any real estate agent about the power of curb appeal. Be ready to answer your phone and change your phone message to reflect your new Christmas light business.
I hope this article inspires you to literally starting a Christmas light business today. The most challenging aspect of starting a business is dreaming big.