That’s because the simple act of decorating your place of business with Christmas lights & decorations offers an impressive range of benefits, including:
- Show Your Christmas Spirit. Almost everyone gets into the spirit of the season during Christmastime. Your decorated-for-Christmas business will show that you’re also in the Christmas spirit. And since kindred spirits attract, that will help to draw Christmas crowds to your business.
- Increase foot traffic. Not many people can resist pausing to admire a particularly brilliant display of Christmas lights and decorations. And when it’s your business that’s boasting that stop-down display, you’re attracting lots of attention from people that might otherwise pass you by without so much as a glance.
- Posted all over social media – When your display is outshining the rest, you will get noticed. As visitors come, they will take notice. As you do great things, add more displays or add something cool like music and a kid sized train, post it out on social media and see how many more visits you get. Building real relationships is key to inbound marketing. Social media is a great way to share what you are doing as well as comment on other’s light displays or marketing content.
- Stay Competitive. Your business, of course, won’t be the only business dressing up with Christmas décor. Many other businesses will be doing the same – including many of your direct competitors. So while Christmas decorations can help to give you an edge in your marketing efforts, they can also help prevent you simply from losing ground to competitors.
- Boost Morale. While it’s true that Christmas decorations can help you to market your business, not all of the benefits will be focused outwards. That’s because your Christmas décor will help to cheer your employees just as much as your customers. Christmas decorations will help to make your business a happier workplace. And indirectly, that will also help to boost your business. Because happier employees translates into happier, better-satisfied customers.
And don’t think that the benefits of decorating your business will apply only to the Christmas season. Because in fact, the goodwill and community awareness that your business builds during the Christmas season can extend far beyond New Year’s Day. That’s why the Small Business Administration includes creating a festive atmosphere at your business as one of the top 5 ways to attract customers during and after Christmas.