We’ve had our head in the clouds since we found the perfect way to add that mystical and magical feel to your home! This cotton wrapped lantern will look amazing in your house or used as outdoor decoration in the walkway during Christmas, New Year, birthday, wedding, baby shower or as any outdoor party lighting. This DIY cotton cloud with Christmas lights is cheap, easy-to-make, and so very creative. Creating the clouds will take an afternoon (with a friend or two), or a series of evenings on your own.
What are the tools and materials required for this wonderful DIY cotton cloud with Christmas lights?
- Cotton Batting (supermarket)
- Paper Lanterns (buy them cheaply at $3 stores)
- Cool LEDs (electric stores – make sure it generates little heat and is warm to touch)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wooden Dowel
- Christmas Lights
How to make it step by step:
- Securely attach LED in the middle of the paper lantern.
- Stretch the cotton batting until it is fluffy and voluminous enough.
- Hot glue the cotton around the paper lantern.
- Now that you have a lovely fluffy looking cloud it’s time to add some heavenly illumination by pulling Christmas lights through the cloud.
SOME CHANGES TO CONSIDER: A little more color could definitely make one of these lamps really pop; using rainbow-colored lights instead of plain white lights could be a great substitute if you plan on keeping the lamp in a child’s room or playroom.
These cloud with Christmas lights are very fun and easy to make, your kids will love them!
Decorate your bedroom with these mystical and dreamy DIY cotton cloud with Christmas lights! They’re fun and simple to make and they really make your room stand out! Great idea for night light or holiday decor as well. Who doesn’t have a dream of walking in the cloud?