Here is a quick and easy way to take a strand of Christmas lights and dress them up. These adorable DIY Christmas light shades are perfect for any occasion or just to decorate around the house! I can see these looking amazing during a casual summer cocktail party in the garden- exactly what we’re planning for the upcoming months.
CHRISTMAS LIGHT SHADE MATERIALS:
- Glue gun
- White Dixie cups
- Double braided jute twine
CHRISTMAS LIGHT SHADE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place your Dixie cup upside down and cut an ‘X’ in the flat part.
- Place hot glue around the rim of the base of your cup and coil the twine, working your way down the cup.
- Snip the edge off and glue it down.
- Push the shade over the bulb base. Don’t worry about security, the ‘X’ you cut out, will hold it in place.
- Repeat these steps for every light you desire to.
Want a fun budget friendly way to light up your space? You can add that extra sparkle with these DIY Christmas light shades.