The holiday season seems to whip most of the population into a spending frenzy. Christmas is one of the holidays that creates huge business opportunities for smart investors and entrepreneurs who are ready to grab them while the season lasts. Whether you want to launch a part-time seasonal business or start something that you can continue throughout the year, starting a Christmas biz during the holidays has its pros and cons.
There are many pros and perks to starting a Christmas biz, including:
- Great addition to a business that is slow during the winter.
- Minimal startup investment. Most of your clients will have or pay for the decorations, so your expense would be in tools needed to decorate and marketing.
- Charge enough and have a lot of clients from Halloween to Christmas, you can take a long vacation after the new year.
- You can grow this business at your own pace through referrals from satisfied clients and word-of-mouth advertising.
Just like any other business, there are a few drawbacks to a Christmas biz, including:
- A big con, however, is that it’s a busy time of year. Taking on a home business start-up can be a challenge with all the other activities you’ve got going on.
- The work is seasonal. So while you might be overwhelmed with clients in October and December, the rest of the year will be lean, requiring you to do something else.
Christmas light installation is a GREAT Christmas biz:
Christmas decorating offers individuals and businesses the ability to generate significant revenues during a time that is traditionally slow for many seasonal businesses. You can decide to run your business for a few months in the year, and then use the rest months to do whatever you want to do either personally or professionally.