If you’re in a business that is busy during the summer and taper off in the winter or you’ve always had a flair for creating fabulous Christmas lights displays, a Christmas lights business can be fun and profitable if you follow some common sense advice and tips for a Christmas light installation business.
Here are some tips for a Christmas light installation business:
- Prepare for lack of off-season cash flow. Budgeting your income is critical to surviving the slow times.
- Staff appropriately. One of the biggest challenges facing seasonal businesses is finding enough quality employees to meet peak demand. Most job seekers aren’t looking for a seasonal job. Going from a crew of four or five people to a workforce of 40 to 50 people overnight requires good recruiting skills. You need to be outgoing and know a lot of people. The good news is, once they do hire core groups of workers for a holiday rush, many seasonal business owners find those same workers return each year.
- Keep the energy level high. You have to be adaptable to run a seasonal business that does such a high percentage of its annual sales in such a short amount of time. You’re basically on call 24 hours a day from 10 days before Thanksgiving to a couple days before Christmas.
- Be prepared and organized. Seasonal franchisees promote their businesses throughout the year and begin preparing for the holiday season long before it actually starts.
- Get professional training. We know your time is valuable and we know what it takes for you to properly learn this business. The first option is our webinar and video training events. This is quickly becoming our most popular option! We have received EXCELLENT feedback from individuals / companies that have take advantage of this very convenient training method. Do you want to go into this business with some “Hands On” experience? If so, our (2) day “in person” training events are just what you are looking for! We start by having you watch our detailed webinar and videos (within 2 weeks prior to the live event). You will then join us for 2 days “in the field”, participating in “hands on exercises” of items that were discussed and detailed in the webinar and videos. This is hands down the most comprehensive training in the industry & we will teach you everything that you need to know about this great business! Head over to our training page for more info.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur ready to take that first step towards self employment, or an experienced business owner who would like to turn your slow season into the most profitable time of the year, WeHangChristmasLights.com is ready to give you the knowledge, training and continued support that will ensure your SUCCESS in this booming industry.