Do you ever feel like there’s a competitor around every corner? The key to your business’ success is defining your company and its place in the market.
According to data from the National Retail Federation and BIG Research, residential homeowners as well as business owners spend more than $8 billion for this service and its associated products. The Christmas light installation business offers a unique opportunity because it doesn’t require a large investment to get started. This means you’ll have a lot of competition but the demand for light installation services is overwhelming, and continues to grow. Do you want to beat the competition and get the jobs your desired jobs?
Here are Some Tips for Beating the Competition:
- Show references. References go a long way and speak volumes for your business.
- Show a gallery. Show a gallery of existing jobs you’ve completed will show clients what you are capable of.
- DON’T lowball the competition. Underbidding jobs only hurts you and not the competition. Many clients will question why your services are so cheap and go with a larger bid. Trying to compete on cost is a race to the bottom – you squeeze your margins so paper-thin you’re left with nothing.
Give customers a discount if they’ll let you display a yard sign. Offering a discount is a great way to get customers especially when they feel they earned it. The bonus is you will get more business from it.
- Offer better customer service. This is such an easy one but often overlooked. Smile, be polite, build relationships with your customers and respond to complaints quickly and calmly. It’s that simple.
- Be charitable. Install lights for a good cause or give a percent of your profits to an non profit organization. Anything along these lines, modestly publicised, will win customers’ hearts.
If you’re looking for an opportunity, we’d encourage you to consider starting a Christmas light installation business. But whether you’re thinking about starting a business, or you’ve already done so, you should be aware that in spite of the great opportunity, not everyone succeeds in this business. We Hang Christmas Lights offer on-going support and can help you bid your jobs and beat the competition.
Contact us today to find out how to get started.
Fill out the application below to get started and call us with any questions 951-541-4482.