I just love Christmas lights. There is something whimsical and romantic about them. We are always looking for fun new ways to use them around the house or for entertaining. They are the inspiration for hundreds and thousands of DIY projects. These DIY party bag lights are super chic and easy to create. We can see these looking amazing during a casual summer cocktail party in the garden- exactly what we’re planning for the upcoming months.
Here is a quick and easy way to take a strand of Christmas lights and dress them up perfectly for your outdoor entertaining.
PAPER BAG PARTY LIGHTS MATERIALS:
- Utility knife
- Outdoor string lights
- Gusseted flat-bottom bags, 5 by 9 3/4 inches
- 1 1/2-inch-wide single-face satin ribbon
- Masking or paper tape
PAPER BAG PARTY LIGHTS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use a utility knife to make a slit through both sides of a bag, 2 inches from the top.
- Open the bag and cut an ‘X’ in the center at the bottom.
- Slip ribbon through the slits and knot it.
- Put a bulb through the ‘X’ and use masking or paper tape to seal the socket.
- Repeat until all of the bulbs are covered.
- *Don’t leave the lights on unattended, or for longer than 8 hours.
One of the things I love most about this project is that it is totally customizable to match your own personal style and color preferences.