Although it is one of the most important details, lighting is frequently overlooked when planning a wedding. Often we focus on the decorations to cover the tables, walls and everywhere in between, but a big influence on the atmosphere of your wedding reception will actually be how the space is lit. In the past, we have been fairly limited on inspiration for beautiful event lighting, but more recently couples have begun incorporating many different lighting options to add to their wedding decor and set the mood for their guests. Here are a few ideas on wedding reception decorating with lights to get you started:
Indoor Wedding Reception Decorating
- Used dimmed overhead lights for a romantic, intimate feel.
- Use lighted centerpieces or lighted vases to add a splash to dinner tables.
- Accent walkways or entrances with lighted trees.
- Consider unique types of lighting, such as globes.
- Use icicle or strand lighting in certain areas for a dramatic yet romantic effect.
- Use mini lights to decorate screens, lattices, or around fountains
- Wrap columns or pillars in lights to dress them up
- String lights across a portion of the ceiling for an ethereal feel.
- Quickly add richness and sparkle to any reception table with net lighting.
- Use flattering lighting in a special photo area for guests.
Outdoor Wedding Reception Decorating
For decorating outdoor wedding receptions, there are also many ways to use lights.
- Decorate shrubs and large plants with net lighting.
- Set off walkways with rope lighting.
- Use unique paper lanterns to create a special glow.
- Use umbrella lights from specialty lighting companies for a whimsical touch.
- Use holographic trees or other wedding light art for an incredibly unique decoration.
When it comes to creating visual appeal at wedding receptions, decorating with lights can create tremendous impact. From a few carefully placed accent lights to a creative décor scheme with light art and color washes, any reception, large or small, will shine when lights are included in the decoration plans.
Find a wedding lighting pro:
We Hang Christmas Lights is a full service wedding reception lighting company with professionally trained lighting installers to make your wedding beautiful. With the right combination of uplights, dance lights, and carefully placed pin spot lights, any venue can be transformed into the perfect place to host the event of a lifetime.
Get Started With Your Free Wedding Reception Lighting Estimate